Doug McIntyre, '70-'71

Doug McIntyre (Lockport, NY) was stationed at Glynco in 1970-71. He was kind enough to send his photos of the base along with some images of his fellow RD Division friends.

The barracks parking lot:



Doug's VW Beetle:


Bugs Bower's MG after getting rear-ended:


Bill Mudd's pink Edsel at St. Augustine, FL:



Mark and Rochelle Lewis (Long Island, NY) at Gene and Terri Shipley's place in Brunswick.


Dave Lisset (Minneapolis, MN):


Dave Lang (CA) and Bill Mudd:


Dave Lang at Cape Kennedy:


Fitz Beverage, (Beach, FL):


RDs at a division party, 1971:


Mike Defillipo (Steelton, PA).


RD2 Russ Greeley (Anadarka, OK) and RD1 McManus:


RD2 Simmons:


A couple names here; Kevin Johnson (Fargo, ND) and Tom Demerath:


RD1 McManus:


Photos from a rock festival held on Jeykell Island, March 1971:

Mike Swist (Brookly, NY):


(Left) Dave Drury (Carlinville, IL) and (right) Jim Isadore (Red Bluff, CA):




(In center) Grasty and Norris:








2 comments:

David Lang said...

Hi Doug,

I was browsing your Glynco web page and was very surprised to see two pictures of me at Cape Kennedy. My current partner almost refused to believe it was me, but I assured her it was indeed me.

I remember several of the guys mentioned on the various pages of the web site. You've done a great job putting this together!

David Lang
San Jose CA

David Lang said...

I should give credit to Dan Davis who seems to be the real architect of this blog. Great job, Dan!!